Systems Engineer – Technical Operations
Overview of the role:
The Systems Engineer is responsible for provisioning, configuration, operation and maintenance of Ixaris infrastructure and systems. These include highly available systems, hosted applications as well as parallel environments for development, QA and UAT. The individual participates in research and development of technologies that can be used to enhance operational effectiveness and improve overall availability and performance, create new, or make enhancements to current policies, procedures and standards as well as automate administrative functions such as patch management, backup and recovery processes. The team of Systems Engineers works closely with Technical Operations team and Developers in a DevOps work environment.
- Linux and Solaris systems administration
- Fine tune configurations to get the best performance/resource consumption
- Analyse, install, configure and maintain operating, network and other systems software and utilities, servers and other hardware and related applications systems
- Provision physical and virtual (VMware) servers
- Monitor systems to ensure maximum performance and suggest and perform system improvements as needed
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Project planning and deployment
Skills and Knowledge
The right applicant should have:
- Degree in ICT or related qualification and minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role;
- Strong working knowledge of Linux operating systems;
- Knowledge of FreeIPA, Foreman, Puppet and Spacewalk;
- Proficient in virtual server technologies such as VMWare;
- Knowledge of current computer security practices and network protocols;
- Strong analytical and technical skills with a keen eye for detail;
- Good verbal/written communication skills required for customer interaction.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a part of a team
- Experience in CISCO firewalls, routers and switches is an asset;
- Industry certifications as well as sound knowledge on PCI-DSS will be considered an asset
Candidate must be willing to be part of the second-line on-call team, occasionally assisting front-line support with Infrastructure issues.
Interested? Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com – we’d like to hear from you!
To enable us to fully review your application, we ask you to attach the following information…
- A detailed CV including details of your employment history.
- A covering letter detailing your interest in this post, your availability (notice period, etc) and your interest in relocating to Malta for this position.
- Your current salary and salary expectations.